Wednesday 8 February 2012

Dolce and Gabbana

Before this Spring/Summer 2012 collection grabbing my attention, I have never really been a massive fan of Dolce and Gabbana. But oh my my.
I think it may be this obsession I have gained with the 50s due to my uni project. However who could resist the beautiful 50s style designs, embosses with amazing florals and bold colours. Heres a few of me favs!

From vegetable prints of onions to aubergines, pencil skirts to full skirts, dresses to swimwear style body suits. These images are only a few picked of my favourites but as a whole the catwalk was an amazing array of beautiful designs. The finale of the deeply embellished swimwear, a piece worn by every model that filled the stage must have looked amazing. The detail within each jewelled design was wowzaaaaaaa. 

As for the ad campaigns of this seasons looks, photographer Giampaolo Sgura shot the two Italian models Monica Bellucci and Bianca Balti. The ads set up images of a classic italian family, illustrating Dolce and Gabbana's traditional side and influence, but with a modern twist keeps that glamour that is always a part of their brand.

I love the humour and the strong point of family values.

Catwalk images curtesy of http://www.elleuk.com/catwalk/designer-a-z/dolce-gabbana/spring-summer-2012
Advertisement images curtesy of http://ftape.com/media/?p=30826


No comments:

Post a Comment