Tuesday 29 January 2013

Haider Ackermann

After Haider Ackermann's dark and dramatic SS13 collection, all I can say is bring on February and the AW13 catwalks.

I had heard of Ackermann before but I only the other day did I look at his designs properly. I started by looking at his most recent designs from his SS13 collection. The contrast in fabrics, the layering, the sexy yet androgynous look silhouettes I was literally in my element. Now a new favourite style and fashion inspiration of mine.

Here is some images of his SS13 collection:
















Images curtsey of elleuk.com

The colour palette for this collection very dark and muted for S/S wear, giving it a dramatic edge. Ackermann's cutting skills are illustrated beautifully by the collection as always. I love the styling of flowing dresses over jeans and the layering. Also this idea that all of the looks could be transferred from day to night.


No comments:

Post a Comment