Friday 31 May 2013

iHeart Studios Internship

I have recently finished a two month internship that I did at iHeart Studios in London. I had a great experience there and learnt a whole lot.
As a creative solutions company, iHeart offer mainly online imagery using their photography, styling and retouching teams. LookBook shots, creative shoots, invisible mannequin, body model.. the company offers a wide range of facilities. 

Whilst I was there I got to assist both the stylists and the photographers, as well as doing adhoc duties around the studio. I learnt the basics of the programme Capture One that they use, as well as a lot more about lighting. In terms of styling, with a company like this it's not just about putting jackets and skirts together, but it is about making each product look as aesthetically pleasing as possible. Therefore I learnt the tricks of pinning, tucking, and symmetry, for both mannequin and flat shots.

Although I can now say I am most definitely a clothes steaming expert, I got to hep out with a lot of fun stuff too, and learnt a lot of valuable information. Some of the best things I did was helping out with the Jigsaw body model shoots, of which I got to help out with three of them. This was great as I got to know Francesca from Jigsaw, which was a nice addition to my contact list within the industry.

Jigsaw shoot

Jigsaw shoot

Jigsaw shoot

Jigsaw shoot, make up

360 shots of shoes, using the special turn table equipment

No comments:

Post a Comment