Wednesday 16 May 2012

The Magazine

So finally this Uni project is done and dusted. Bloomin hell I hated it. I thought creating a magazine in teams would be fun but it isn't. Lets just say we were the last team to be put togetherso each of us were completely different in styles, personality... and some other things. However we managed to produce some sort of zine in the end.

Here's the pieces I put together.
The Cover
















The Editors Letter





My Fashion Story/Shoot using some of my London Fashion Week Images











Interview with Blogger Lydia Elise Millen


Group Street Style Page















So basically we had to do a fashion/lifestyle magazine aimed at 18-25 year olds and had to include certain things both individually and in teams. We could design any type of magazine but with only just over a month to do it and with no actual teacher for my indesign (thankgod for the boyf doing graphic design!) I think overall we did alright.

The magazine was based on a glamour/grunge type element however I think this toned down as we started producing it. Jo is a unisex magazine, and is all about the real. We wanted to look at real people, real style and real prices.
Our cover we used the sex symbols to create our magazine name into a form of logo to give the magazine an identity, using this for the cover gave it a unique appeal. I felt people would pick it off the shelf as they would want to know what was inside.



No comments:

Post a Comment