Wednesday 18 September 2013

Inspired.

Photo taken at the Istanbul Exhibition, London April 2013

Most days there are little spots of inspiration, small things, but it is rare occasions that I feel really, truly, deeply inspired by something. In such a way that it makes you really think about life, your life and the way you live, as well as thinking about the world. I love feeling this way as I am motivated, inspirited and my thoughts are stirred. Yesterday evening, and this afternoon I have incurred two of these rare moments of reflection and deep thought. 

Last night I watched the film, The Butterfly Effect, a film of which I have wanted to see for a long time, and although I don't know what I expected to happen, I was surprised by the films story and it's intensity. However, I was gripped from the beginning. It left me thinking about that every decision you make in your life will effect your future, therefore I need to do what I want and what feels right. Ok, these actions you decide may not be as extreme as the ones in the film, but they are still important.
This thought about making the right decisions and doing what is right also links in with the documentary I watched this afternoon on 40D, Fabulous Fashionistas. This documentary looked into the lives of 6 women all with an average age of 80, who were not just stylish, but a huge inspiration. Each of them not caring about age or death, but striving to live and enjoy life. All of them strong and passionate women who cared about themselves and their happiness, not letting old age turn them into a retired, little old lady.

Both of these inspirational films are a recommended watch. I wanted to write this post to share the inspiration, not to be intense and serious, but to put across that at the end of the day life is what you make it. Wear what you want, be who you want, and do the things you want to do.

"You think about death, but you choose life"
Sue, from Fabulous Fashionistas

No comments:

Post a Comment